Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vanilla

It’s been a month since Angie or I last posted thoughts on the continuing “exploits” of our life. So maybe it’s time now to freshen the blog up a bit, even though there is no major developments to chronicle. We're back to the vanilla life.

This most recent hiatus from Lexicon has been the result of a change in my work life, which I sensed was coming, and was actually preparing for, but nevertheless put me in a position to have to focus on a job search. The good news is that through my network I was able to secure a consultancy that will provide income while I search for what I want in my career.

The interesting thing of note from this change has been its influence on our sex life and lifestyle activities. Maybe we were due for a slow evolution away from the lifestyle, I don’t know. After the evening with Wilson and Angelina, things kind of dropped off. For one, Wilson became a no-show around the place, and Angelina never came back.

Our lasting impressions of the lifestyle club we visited this summer were less than exemplary. We were, and continue to be, conflicted over returning there. The issue on this last point is the fact Angie and I have come to realize and accept that it would be difficult for us to engage in anything remotely sexual with strangers. We need a connection beyond a superficial level to get the juices flowing. Maybe the evening with Angelina serves to illustrate the fact there will always be exceptions, but that was special. We had the formality of being introduced by Wilson, and Angie got the chance to get to know her up close and personal in a brief time. It IS possible to make that connection very quickly under the right circumstances, but lightening does not strike like that very often.

For myself, it has become apparent that anything I perceive as a threat to the stability of my home life diverts considerable psychic energy away from my libido. Loss of a job did that to me, and I have been all about the consultancy and job search. Angie, God bless her, is still randy as ever and teases me sometimes at night, to honor my “evening job”. Cracks me up. Where the hell is Wilson? I’ve got a smokin’ babe on my hands and not enough mojo to give her what she needs.

But I know I’ll get back to “bidness” soon enough my little chickadee. HehHeh.

I have got to take some nude pictures of Angie for posterity. She has been a dynamo at the gym, and has been fine tuning that figure. She’s even getting compliments on her “hotness” from coworkers….even if they are other women…but I guess that is saying a lot when members of the same team are calling it like it is. And I must get her out on the town again so I can show her off some more. She has got these black fishnet stockings to go with a short black and white dress that has something akin to a zebra pattern (very animalistic, I think), and absolutely delicious pumps with ankle straps. Yeah baby. Too bad the weather is so much cooler in the evening now. She won’t be able to wear some of her more revealing tops, but that may be the excuse to talk her into strutting those RED thigh-high boots. Oh mmmmman.

On another random and unrelated note, I read with some sadness that Polyamorous Perverse is going dark. Damn. That is a fine blog and we will miss Tom’s writing. Here’s a wish that one of the best blogs we’ve enjoyed reading comes back.

3 comments:

Miss Honey said...

Nice to hear from you again. Looking forward to the thigh-high red boots.

bdenied said...

thanks for the update and some photos of Ms Beautiful would be nice

Polyamorous Couple said...

Hello again Miss Honey and BD,

Thanks for staying interested in Lexicon.

We will not disappoint. Photos coming.

We are wrestling with the fact our life has become very vanilla. But we're getting that jones to bust out again.

We are away this weekend on a parents weekend for daughter #4 at her school in Manhatten. Yeah baby. We love that town. (Never sleeps).

We're thinking about attending a Halloween party hosted by the swingers club in a nearby city. Guaranteed to be decadedent.

;)

E&A